Today I'm going to talk about something awesome I have already talked about. Oh no wait, Husband did. Back here.
Ever have one of those wearying days of working, errands, shopping, kid shuttling, and other fun awesome modern things to do? Sometimes you just want to cook a nice easy meal at the end of the day and not dirty every dish and spend an hour or more to do it. This is that recipe that saves us on those days, like today. Added bonus: It passes the two year old taste test with gusto.
This makes enough for 2 if it's all you're eating, 4 if it's a side.
- 3-4 TBS Canola, Peanut or other light tasting "saute friendly" oil. You could also use Coconut oil if you like that taste in your rice
- 2 Cups frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked rice (fresh or even better, cooked and then refrigerated)
- 1 tsp Sesame seed oil (regular or toasted)
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Mustard seed powder
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Tamari, Shoyu or Soy Sauce
- Optional, and fun:
- Any other veg you have on hand, chopped evenly and finely-shown is broccoli slaw from Trader Joe's and red pepper in addition to peas
- Cashews or peanuts
- Sriracha, or another hot sauce
- Seitan (the white steamed seitan from Viva Vegan was an excellent choice for us once) or tofu
Feel free to add any veggies you find to your liking. Any long cooking or frozen veggies would need to go in before hand (alternatively you could steam them first, then toss them around at first just to give them a little color.