Monday, November 1, 2010

It's about to get all vegan up in here


Oh hay. It's November! Which means it's time for a bunch of bloggers to get together and talk about food. Vegan food, to be precise. Seriously! No, seriously!

I am not totally sure why I decided I would be up to the challenge of posting every day for a month with two small kids running around in the background, but I think it will be fun. Or it will kill me. Either way, you get to read about delicious food, so you win!

Today I'm going to talk about green beans. My eating of green beans was revolutionized two years ago when I first tried them roasted. Oh, here's that entry. I already talked about them, you say? Well that should just double your determination to try them. My two year old will eat a batch of these all on her own. Better tasting and much healthier for you than potato chips, I bet you still can't eat just one.

I sure can't.

Preheat your oven to 450 F!

Take a bunch of green beans-1 or 2 lbs. In the winter, after we have exhausted our own supply we will find organic ones at Trader Joe's.

Drizzle on the amount of olive oil you are comfortable with (1-2 tbs or so)

Sprinkle a little sea salt on them!

Roast for 15 minutes. Maybe a couple more if they are frozen beans. I don't mind if they get a little charred, but you might. Watch them!

Eat them all. Go ahead, right off the pan. I'm not looking, I'm too busy doing the same.

Be sure to stop by the MoFo Headquarters and check out the (way more) awesome things other people have going on!

P.S. Today is World Vegan Day. Hug a vegetable (or a Veg*n!)

3 comments:

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Yay for MoFoing! I love roasted green beans as well. So delicious!

Jen Treehugger said...

Yummy beans - I've never tried roasting them before!
Happy MoFo'ing.
:)

aryn said...

Thanks for stopping by, guys! Yay for MoFo!