Thursday, May 14, 2009

did you have a good easter?


We did. And a good vacation to Florida, my birthday was awesome, and oh, mother's day. Check and check.

So, how's things with you?

It has been crazy around here. I'm excited that we are heading into summer and the garden is picking up full steam. I have never grown a full blown vegetable garden from seed on my own before so we're learning this year what to plant when. The chrisasaurus has described the current state of it, and I have just realized my last pictures of the garden were from oh, March? Clearly outdated. We're expecting a thunderstorm soon so I'll take myself outside here with the kiddo in a few.

For now, back to the jamming that's going on in the kitchen. Not the musical kind, the strawberry kind. We went berry picking with the small one and are now knee deep in strawberries. As soon as we got there I realized we took her strawberry picking for the first time ever and I. Forgot. The. Camera. I wish I could say this bonehead move was an isolated event but it seems that it's just par for the course for me these days.

2 comments:

ChristyACB said...

Oh, how I love a good home made strawberry jam! I still have several good jars from last year to use up. Good thing it keeps well. :)

My strawberry patch is new this year, so I'm just getting a bit more than we can eat fresh, but not enough to jam up. Next year...

aryn said...

Yes good thing! I love some jam. I am thinking we need to get some more berries, because the few I have left aren't going to make it to winter!

Can't wait to get our own plants in the ground this fall...